Thanks for your interest in the medical services and minor procedures offered at Rhode Island Dermatology Institute. We aim to provide affordable, transparent, patient-centric, quality care. We do not participate with health insurance, and do not contract with Medicare or Medicaid. This allows us to set reasonable and predictable prices and to be transparent about our pricing.
KEY SCHEDULING GUIDELINES
- Convenient online scheduling available. For those who wish to schedule by phone, staff are available to assist you in your scheduling needs.
- Convenient dispensing of prescription medications right in the office
- All office visits must be paid at the time of service.
- A credit card is required to book your visit.
- We require a 24 hour notice for cancellations. Missed visits without 24-hour notice will result in a missed visit charge of $100.
- Your office visit fee will be charged in the office at the time of your appointment.
- Some insurance companies may require a coded receipt as proof of services.
- We accept cash, debit cards, check, Health Savings Account cards (HSA), Flex Spending Account cards (FSA), Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
View our office policies here.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
LEVEL 1 VISIT (15 MIN): $100
Follow up patients from a previous practice (seen by Dr. Chang within the past year)
Follow up on one mole that is being monitored
Follow up for stable acne or eczema for refills only when no change in management is necessary
Follow up for treatment of warts or molluscum
Follow up for treatment of actinic keratoses
LEVEL 2 VISIT (30 min): $200
Acne consultation: Receive a detailed examination of your concerning areas and a customized treatment plan including both medications, counseling, and future plan.
One new localized rash: New rash limited to a single body area such as face, or arms.
New wart/molluscum visit: For first time wart/molluscum visits. Includes treatment and counseling.
Actinic keratosis visit: For first time actinic keratosis visits. Includes treatment and counseling.
Upper body skin exam: Skin cancer screening of upper body only
LEVEL 3 VISIT (45 min): $275
Full body skin cancer screening: Receive a total body skin exam including scalp and foot exam by a board certified dermatologist, melanoma and dermatoscope expert. Your skin exam will include dermoscopic evaluation of any suspicious spots identified during the examination. All skin cancer screenings include detailed instructions on how to perform a self skin exam, what to look for when doing a self skin exam, and proper sunscreen and sun protection practices.
Moderate medical conditions including eczema, psoriasis, contact dermatitis, rosacea and other rashes that are not resolving with current treatments.
Patients with diagnosis requiring extensive medication monitoring/counseling
Hair loss consultation
LEVEL 4 VISIT (60 min): $350
Full skin cancer screening for patients with extensive skin cancer history and requiring imaging for monitoring of skin cancers
Complex medical concerns such as extensive psoriasis, chronic eczema not improving with current medications or other chronic skin condition requiring an in depth evaluation and medical record review and requiring monitoring/counseling
Second opinion on a current existing skin condition
SURGICAL VISIT – BASIC: $275
Mole removal or biopsy without stitches, large skin tag removal
– Mole removal without stitches (one spot)
– Biopsy of a suspicious spot without stitches (one spot)
– Large skin tag removal requiring local anesthesia
SURGICAL VISIT – COMPLEX: $350
Multiple mole removals or biopsies, spot removal with stitches
– Mole removals without stitches (up to 3 spots)
– Biopsies without stitches (up to 3 spots)
– Removal of spot (mole/suspicious or benign spot/punch biopsy) requiring stitches (one spot)